Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Removing only the numbers in a list box

Hello!

I have a variable size for an ID in a text (such 152 Costumer1, 15580 Costumer 2).

I need to remove this ID and if I use text function such RIGHT, LEFT, MID.... I just can't remove only the number from the ID, I have no idea how to select only number in the first chars.

Does anyone have an idea how to remove these numbers?

Obs: I have number in some costumers names, so I can't just remove all the number, only the numbers before the first "text char".

Thanks a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

If there's a space between the ID and the rest of the field, perhaps this?

mid(Customer,index(Customer,' ')+1)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

If there's a space between the ID and the rest of the field, perhaps this?

mid(Customer,index(Customer,' ')+1)

Not applicable
Author

John,

It worked!

But, i had some new "number".

There's some numbers in the left side of the list box and I don't know now how to remove they too. If I put a order rule I can see that's about 30 items in that situation, but I think that should be something with the data in the SQL.

Thanks for your help.

Not applicable
Author

Here's another expression to do it, I also might create a new field in the load script with just the leading number instead of doing it in the list box.

=subfield(Customer,' ',1)

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

pauloespinoza wrote:There's some numbers in the left side of the list box and I don't know now how to remove they too. If I put a order rule I can see that's about 30 items in that situation, but I think that should be something with the data in the SQL.

If you can't resolve it, try posting a few rows of your "bad" data here and we'll see if we can figure it out.

Not applicable
Author

Hey there, i'm posting the screen shot, so if you guys have any idea how to solve that, i'll appreciate.

Thanks a lot!

Not applicable
Author

If you can guarantee that your first usable character is between a-z OR A-Z then this might work for you:

MID(Customer,FindOneOf(Customer,'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ')) AS NewCustomer

Not applicable
Author

Yeah!

Now it worked fine and thanks a lot for all of you to help me on that!

Thanks and have a good weekend.