Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing selection from parent in treeview checkbox when child is selected

I have a listbox control that I have created using hierarchy values to display as treeview with checkboxes. This is all working the way I'd like - the only issue is that if a user checks a state - all related counties from that state are selected - but if the user wants to refine that selection to a subset within that state - say only one or two counties - they have to uncheck the state then check the desired counties. I would like the application to automatically remove the filter from the state checkbox and apply the new filters.

I have looked at triggers but can't see how a selection on a field would trigger the removal of the parent selection.

I am attaching a small sample app with the current behavior - if someone could suggest a way to achieve this, I would appreciate it!

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can change the style from  LED check box to LED with minimal visual change.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So while that allows for de-selecting a value when another one is selected - I lose the ability to easily choose more than one county. My users like the check boxes as it explicitly says what is selected and they can select multiple counties from different states if desired easily. I know ctrl-click would do that - but users are used to being able to just select the checkboxes.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've used treeviews to varying degrees of success but a multibox always ended up being the best solution at the end of the day since it is visually straightforward.  I'm not aware of a solution to change the behavior of check-boxes unfortunately.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your comments Michael - we ended up using 2 listboxes rather than try to use treeview - as my users wanted to do too many different things with the selectors and its presentation.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Another option is putting your listboxes in a container.  Below is an example of one of my current dashboards that deploys this method.  You can have multiple listboxes.

Image 4.png