Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shiva123
Creator
Creator

Replacement to Aggregate Function

Hello,

Everyone this is the same point  i have been circling about.I have an aggr function in my expressions and they are making the  dashboard to perform slow and sometimes the dashboard crashes. Is there any way to replace aggr function so that the dashboard would perform better . i tried total function and it didn't work . The result which is obtained by using aggr function is absolutely correct .

ex  of my expression

SUM(AGGR(

Num(((SUM({$<Period={">=$(=MAX(quarter_num)-8)"},Category={"Revenue","Adjusted Revenue"}>}Net_amount)*(-1))/%_Divider),'#,##0.0')

SUM({<Sub_cateorgy = {$(=If(GetFIeldSelections(Sub_cateorgy )>0,Chr(34)&Concat(Sub_cateorgy ,chr(34)&','&chr(34))&chr(34),'*'))}>} Ratio)

,dim 1 , dim2 , dim 3, dim 4)

)

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be move part of the calculation (whatever you can) to the script. Alternatively, you can perform the whole thing in the script, but then you loose the flexibility of getting the information based on change of selections.

Shiva123
Creator
Creator
Author

yes exactly  i thought the same to move the upper part , but they are like different categories.

sunny_talwar

Different categories? What do you mean?

Shiva123
Creator
Creator
Author

i mean .. the values for the categories are many ex : 1 exp  :  category ={'rev,adj rev'} 2. exp same expression bu t category={'sales,expenses'} like this...

sunny_talwar

okay then what is the issue? I am not sure what you are looking for if you know what to try?

Shiva123
Creator
Creator
Author

HI,

sunny  expression works fine but the thing is that i want to replace aggr function in the expression , because its kind of crashing the dashboard , is there any way to replace aggr with any other function .

Thanks

sunny_talwar

Can you share an app where you have the Aggr() function used?

Shiva123
Creator
Creator
Author

sure

Shiva123
Creator
Creator
Author

stalwar1‌  here is the app ..