Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tauceef9
Creator
Creator

Report Export issue via Macro

Hi All,

I have created a report and trying to export some graphs into image.

Export functionality works fine on the server, file gets exported and saved into image but when a end user is trying to export the graph into his machine it doesn't work. He is accessing the report via AccessPoint.

I was assuming report will get saved into the same path in the client's machine but this doesn't happened.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Tauceef

9 Replies
tauceef9
Creator
Creator
Author

Any one have any idea?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Macro is not Working in AccessPoint, search for it in the community.

tauceef9
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Staffan for your response.

I have read that "Allow System Access" will enable users to extract report but that doesn't solve the problem.

Also when users use inbuilt feature of export to excel that doesn't export the chart but the data behind that chart.

I want them to export the complete report into their machine, isn't that possible?

I was trying another option of scheduling the report via Email:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-17100?sr=inbox&ru=145582

but it looks like this needs licensed version of Microsoft Office because when I run the macro it doesn't download the report into excel file. I can approach for licensed version but need to make sure if this is the only option available.

And we don't have NPrinting license .

After looking into all these options really not sure what will be the best approach for enabling users to get the report out in their machine.

Looking forward for support from the community.

Regards,

Tauceef

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Tauceef,

Can you first tell me what is a report for you? Have you use qlikview embedded report editor? Or is it just a chart object that you want to export in somehow?

If you want to use macro to create Excel and then mail them you need Excel installed on Qlikview server.

If you want to export a chart, you can doing it in many ways, one is to "add" the copy to clipbord icon in the chart Object.

copytoimg.GIF

I want them to export the complete report into their machine, isn't that possible?

It is possible to dowload the qvw itself from the AccessPoint. Its a setting in QMC which will make it possible for the end user to download. If thats what you mean With the question.

tauceef9
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks again Staffon for your quick response.

Thanks for sharing the "Copy to clipboard" option, would really help if nothing works.

What I mean by exporting the complete report is exporting into Word, Excel or PDF.

Can you first tell me what is a report for you? Have you use qlikview embedded report editor? Or is it just a chart object that you want to export in somehow?

Actually in our organisation user wants to have the report in Word format so that they can add their comments before sharing it out to their audience that's why I need to find a option to get this functionality working.

Would you please share what is embedded report editor. Thanks again .

Regards,

Tauceef

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

The Report Editor is a embedded editor where you can create report which user can print or save as pdf from AccessPoint. You need to build them in the main qvw file. More info here:

Using QlikView’s Report Editor

This is a drag and drop editor which is a little bit troublesome to edit in. But With a good patience it could be Worth it.

you find it here.

report editor.GIF

I found a tool for a week ago that can handle Word, but not from server side. There are some limitation, You find it here:

http://branch.qlik.com/?&_ga=1.116653702.1457502448.1487941788#!/project/57851374bf9033d568985c36

Not applicable

Hi Staffan,

Where on the qlikview application server do we need to install excel at? We have our macro created for several of our reports. We have enabled all the macro settings on the app server, we have upgraded the app server to 12 sr3 as well as updated the desktop version from 11.2 to the qlikview version 12. I believe the excel install will be the resolution.

Thanks

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Dylan,

just a simple installation of the Excel (Office) software on the same server as Your qlikview server software.

Not applicable

We'll give it a shot! Thank you for the fast response!