Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Report Scheduling

Hi,

I would like to send the report in mail in the excel,PDF format to users using the Publisher/Server. I dont want to use macros.

Is there an inbuilt functionality available with Qlikview Publisher/Server. Or we need to go with Macros.

Please suggest.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes, Publisher can send QlikView reports to an email list and also generate PDFs and publish them. Take a quick look at the Server/Publisher reference guide for more information.

Not applicable
Author

Publisher can do it but you'll need to purchase the Pdf engine licence which works only with Qlikview enterprise edition.

You should contact your reseller if you don't want to use macros.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Igor,

I have gone through the Reference guide it is possible to schedule the report/send mail the pdf reports not the excel files. Is there any way i can schedule the report in the excel format as mail.

Not applicable
Author

Also it is possible to send the PDF report as the mail. Will not be able to distribute to the folder.

Not applicable
Author

We have developed a tool which lets you schedule and send reports in Excel and pdf formats. You can either create Excel templates which are populated with data from the fields in your QlikView charts or use QlikView Reports (in this case pdf format only).
You can then send reports to your users via e-mail as attachments; the attachments are filtered according to the user filters you create. No macros or programming needed. Report generation can be scheduled on a one off or recurring basis.

QlikView data export, reporting and scheduling in a single user friendly interface.

Sign up for the NPrinting 10 beta program http://nprinting.com/qlikview-10-excel-export-report-schedule.php

Hope this helps.
The NPrinting Team

Not applicable
Author

can you customize the emails and report names as well. Currently our IT team is sending out my reports and they are all named the same using the name of the dashboard and the emails are generic.

Not applicable
Author

Hi debbiepy,

With NPrinting, it is possible to personalize e-mail messages with any text you want and also automatically insert the name of each recipient into the text.  E-mail message bodies can be in text or HTML text formats or you can put an HTML file into the body of the message.

Excel report names can contain the date the report was generated, the time the report was generated and the result of any QlikView variable at the time the report was generated.

It is possible to cycle reports to create an individual file for every value of any single field.  If for instance you cycle your report using the Year field, you will create a separate file for each year and the report name will be something like SalesReport_2009, SalesReport_2010,  SalesReport_2011 etcetera.

The NPrinting Team