Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
georgedevries
Contributor
Contributor

Report editor build of reports takes forever (Qlikview 9 SR7 / Qlikview 10 SR4)

Hello,

We've recently started working with the report editor, in Qlikview version 9 SR7 as well as in Qlikview 10 SR4.

What surprises us, is that working with larger datasets en reports causes the report Editor to behave slowly or even crash.

Even when working from our QV server, that has several multi threaded, multi core cpu's and massive amounts of memory- building reports with the report Builder seems to take very long.

Even switching to the Qlikview 10 SR4 environment ( working from the QV server ) does not really seem to help speeding up the build of the reports.

Does anybody have any tips/tricks for working with large reports and the report Editor?

Regards,

George de Vries

2 Replies
Not applicable

Dear George,

I have also faced the same problem and it is because report editor itself loads the whole chart again and I don't think that it is as optimized as charts in application outside.

While, I don't have a solution for this but when ever I go to report editor I first makes selections in a way that  my tables used in report editor shows at max 10 -15 rows. I check those charts in the application first then once data is reduced, I go to report editor and customize my report.

This is the only workaround, I have found till date and this will help you also.

Regards,

Ashutosh

georgedevries
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The issues is caused by the fact that all objects have to be calculated 4 times, before the actual PDF is being generated.

I'm hoping that Qlikview is going to further develop its reporting module, because the current environment is not 100% completely finished developing.

Regards,

George