Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudhir0538
Creator
Creator

Report not updating daily in pdf distribution but in access point.

Hi Community,

In one of my app I've developed a report and configure PDF distribution through N-Printing. The report is triggering daily but the data is not updating daily where as the report is showing correct data in the access point.

Didn't understood what is the cause and how to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance for the help.

6 Replies
avinashelite

How is the NPritning task scheduled check the timing of the dashboard refresh and the task schedule time ?? and check NPrinting is connecting to the same QVW file ?

sudhir0538
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi I've checked the same and it looks like all are correct.

and importantly I didn't use N Printing for distribution of this report but done by using server PDF distribution.

Please help to resolve the issue.

avinashelite

1.Try to create the PDF report from the Access point and check whether your getting the correct data or not?

2.Check your PDF distribution is working fine or not

sudhir0538
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi ,

1.The report from access point giving correct data

2.PDF distribution is working fine because remaining applications are running fine (reports updating dynamically and circulating mails)

avinashelite

Ok, so first level is working fine ....check the PDF distribution path where exactly its storing the file ? and check whether any caching issues is their in serve ?

Not applicable

I think the problem is that the file is still open in the background by NPrinting Engine. Everytime you make a new report you will do it with the old data. You can restart the engine every night that the qvw document will be open with "fresh data" or just use the workarround ...

https://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1117001-243838/NPrinting%2017%20Reload%20Dat...