Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restore the previous version of the report

Hi all,

This is something serious. I was developing a report and I did not take backup after developing some tables. When i was adding dimension and expressions for one of the table , I did not notice that the table for the field in the dimension and the field in the expression are not linked by any column. When i clicked OK in the properties of the table it started loading data and crashed the qlikview. Now i am trying to open the report , but it is crashing every time.

I want to know whether I can recover the previous version of the report before crash or I can change the script before the table is loaded with data. Please help.

-James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello, try to use this option:

Screen Shot 08-10-16 at 07.12 PM.PNG

To get this, open QV desktop and right click on report name (shown in the Recent list)

You can also use below:

1. C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe /nodata C:\Folder\File.qvw 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello James, you can turn in the backup below settings path.

User Preferences --> Save -> Select "Use Backup"

But you are unable to open the data. So try to open qvw without data and fix your script and enable the backup on the settings. You have to use command line to open the qvw without data.

Not applicable
Author

Hello, try to use this option:

Screen Shot 08-10-16 at 07.12 PM.PNG

To get this, open QV desktop and right click on report name (shown in the Recent list)

You can also use below:

1. C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe /nodata C:\Folder\File.qvw 
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Jakub !

You saved my 2 week's development ! You are amazing ! Thank you very much !!!

- James

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Srikanth ! I enabled it and it takes back up in the format 'Version no. x of xyz.qvw'. I don't need to worry about crash while playing with Qlikview.

- James