Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restricting filters to affect particular tab/page in a report

In my report , I have two tabs which displays different data in them. One of the tab has only one filter (Calendar) and the other has around 10 filters (All are listboxes). If I select some items from some of the filters in the 2nd tab it affects the view of first tab which should not be the case. How to avoid this and restrict the filters in the second tab to affect the data in the 2nd tab only.

-James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II

Hi James

you can use Alternate States at the sheet level but also at individual object level and even within the same object, you can have expressions referring to different States.

If you look at the object properties of your individual charts , you will see that you can put one into your new State and leave the other in the default state.

Read about Alternate States in the help to fully understand what you can achieve here. Its very straightforward but very powerful

Tracy

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II

Hi James

This is normal default Qlikview behaviour.

if you want to limit the filters to apply just to the sheet they are on, you will need to use Alternate States.

Create a new state in Document Properties - General - Alternate States. You just need to create a new state name

Then on your one of your sheets, go to the sheet properties - Main and then select the new state you have created.

Take some time to read about Alternate States in the HELP section as its very powerful

Tracy

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply tracysmart1969 !

But I don't have two separate sheets,I have two tabs in the same sheet ! Any workaround for this ?

-James

tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II

Hi James

you can use Alternate States at the sheet level but also at individual object level and even within the same object, you can have expressions referring to different States.

If you look at the object properties of your individual charts , you will see that you can put one into your new State and leave the other in the default state.

Read about Alternate States in the help to fully understand what you can achieve here. Its very straightforward but very powerful

Tracy

paulferguson80
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi James,

I dont know if this helps?

It sounds like you want to ignore selections made in one out of two of the objects within a tab? maybe for comparison.

The easiest way to do this is using set analysis in your expression

so your expression in the one you want to not be impacted by the selections will look a little like this:

sum({<IgnoreFieldName1=,IgnoreFieldName2>} SumFieldName)

Hope this helps

Ta Paul

Not applicable
Author

Created 2 states for each tab and linked them to the objects inside them correspondingly ! Thanks tracysmart1969

-James