cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Result different with IE Plug in vs Web Browser

I have the an expression that if viewed in Access Point using Internet Explorer PlugIn returns the accurate value, but if I use the Web Browser version it doesn't evaluate the function properly. Why would certain functions not work with the Web Browser version?

(Note: If I click on a previous year then back to the max year then the expression works in the Web Browser - obviously not acceptable though)

The expression:

=If(InYearToDate(date('03/01/'&max(Year),'MM//DD/YYYY'), date(floor(monthend(today(),-1))), 0),
Sum({$<MajorCategory={'Operating Expense'}, Month={'Mar'}, [Year] = {$(=Max([Year]))}>} [Amount GL]),
Sum({$<MajorCategory={'Operating Expense'}, Month={'Mar'}, [Year] = {$(=Max([Year]))}>} [Amount GL Budget])
)

Thanks in advance.

Zag

6 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is absolutely no reason why the Ajax-client should return something different from the IE-plugin.

If you give us some more information or even a complete reproducible "demo"-app it would be much easier for us to assist you in tracking down the cause of this  or even find out if it is a bug.

Could you also please explain in a little bit less vague terms what you mean by "accurate value"?

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Petter - the first image is in IE Plug In (everything works fine). The second image is in Full Browser Version (renders 0 for all Forecast fields). Additionally if I click on a different year in the Full Browser Version then go back to "2016" everything works fine.

I think I may have isolated the problem. There is a trigger that clears the months that seems to be working on IE but not on the Web Browser. Can this happen...triggers not working effectively all the time on Web Browser?

avinashelite

Do you have single select on any of the list box ? and are you using bookmark on top of that ? if so then it will cause this issues ....uncheck the single select on the list box and try again

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi zagzebski,

you mention triggers above, On Open triggers do NOT work in Ajax unfortunately.

HTH

Andy

mjr6662000
Contributor II
Contributor II

I also have this problem

result of my app in ajax and IE Plugin is different.

IE plugin is True .

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same situation.