Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Retrieve Min/Max/Avg from Running Total

Hello,

I have a straight table formula expression that uses a dimension of "Date" to create a complex rolling total. The rolling total references other columns within the straight table to accumulate.

I have a requirement to get the Min/Max/and Average values over all dates from this rolling total and use it in another chart.

What's the best way to do this?

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, you're probably right. Quite tedious

For this specific rolling total, there are column values that actually reference the rolling total to determine what to do which will directly affect the rolling total itself. Quite complex and took me many many hours to get working right.

Now I must collapse all that down to a single perfect expression it seems...

sunny_talwar

Wish you all the very best

Kushal_Chawda

Try to do some calculation is script by joining tables. I think it will shorten your expression

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The hardest part is that there are inputfields in the straight table that allow the user to perform some simulation to see how it effects the running total. So I cannot move certain things into load script

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is it possible to use "Above" and "Below" functions when consolidating my expression?

sunny_talwar

With the aggregate function, you can use Above, below in a text box expression as well