Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Right way to change measure at a time in several charts

I want to change the measure in several charts at a time. What is the right method?

I know than for a single chart the way is a measure group, but, what is the way to change it for several charts?

Would be wonderful to have answers for this scenarios:

• First one: A single flag like 'Include tax'. ( Have a kind of checkbox )
  • Second one: Selection from a list: 'Total', 'With tax', 'With discounts', ... .

sorry about my newbie questions.

daniel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You could look into conditional expressions, like described here:

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/01/31/customizable-straight-table

agilos_mla
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

There are multiple possibilities :

- As cycling dimension, you can group measure in a cycle (tab expression group) then if you use the same group in  several chart the measure will change in the same time

- Use conditional show coupled to button/text box action to enable/disable the expression you want to display

Your case :

1. Add a button tha set ah doc variables and put a conditional show using this variable

2. Add Load inline statements to you script.

LOAD * INLINE [

_View

Total

With Tax

With Discount

];

Then in a conditional show, use getFieldSelections(_View)='Total' for instance will display the expression corresponding to total.

You can use also

tag fields _View with $hidden; in the script or

set HidePrefix = '_'; 

in order to hide the selection on the layout field _View in the Current selection box 

hope it helps.

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Michaël, you say:

"As cycling dimension, you can group measure in a cycle (tab expression group) then if you use the same group in  several chart the measure will change in the same time"

I have created the same cycling group dimension in a chart but when I change dimension in first chart, the second one remains unchanged. How can I use 'same group' in several charts? Can you explain step by step?

Thanks

agilos_mla
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sorry Danie, I remember it works but only in the same chart (multiple groups).  I advise you to use conditional show as I propose a soltution for points 1 and 2.

if you need help send me a sample qvw.

Michael