Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_talwar

Row_based qvd optimized

Hi Team -

I was loading something from a qvd and saw this:

Capture.PNG
I have seen (qvd optimized), but not row-based qvd optimized. Is this new? What is the difference between qvd optimized and row-based qvd optimized?

Thanks,

Sunny

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The new 'row-based qvd optimized' is the same as the old 'qvd optimized'. So, looking at the current situation, it was totally unnecessary to change this message.

However, for the future, the message may serve a purpose: We still haven't completely ruled out the possibility of a 'Column-based qvd optimized' load, which probably would be even faster than the current load. But due to backward compatibility challenges we need to think more about how to introduce this.

HIC

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this using QV12 ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Using QV12 already? I would like to know this too.

sunny_talwar
Author

Yes, in QV 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ain't used QV 12 yet, but saw hic talking about it using the new QIX row based engine at the QlikDev London Group a few months ago.

So this looks like it is a loading a [QIX] row based QVD.

I would guess you created your QVD with QV 12.

What text message do you get if loading a QV11 created QVD ?

sunny_talwar
Author

I can check and revert back in a minute

sunny_talwar
Author

Loading a qvd generated in QV 11.20 into QV 12 still shows row-based qvd optimized.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Bill,

has the QVD layout changed in QV12?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never used QV12 so cannot advise.

I am intrigued by the new QIX engine though, maybe hic can illuminate us.  A Blog Post from him about it would be great,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

sunny_talwar
Author

Agreed. It would be good to know the differences and also if the other one still exists or is it the same thing with a different name.