Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Row to column transformation as there is a difference in the data type

Acct Div (Dist)Acct Reg (Off)Acct (Cust)
Fisc YrFisc Yr / PeriodRev Type GrpgRev Type Amount
909Ontario West900Ottawa9009SUDBURY
2012Period 01 2012Decl ValRev Type Amt$420
909Ontario West900Ottawa9009SUDBURY
2012Period 01 2012Decl ValRev Type Shpmts 1
909Ontario West900OttawaPR01SUDBURY
2012Period 01 2012Sat-DelRev Type Amt$23.00
909Ontario West900Ottawa/PR01SUDBURY
2012Period 01 2012Sat-DelRev Type Shpmts

Hello all,

I am trying to have two column for Rev types (Rev Type Amt [which is a $ value] and Rev Type Shpmts [which is a Quantity]) instead of one Rev Type column. I am trying to have them separate as one is a $ value which I want to add and show subtotal where as other is just a number (quantity). I could acive the separation using a pivot table dragging rows to column feature but the problem there is that those columns are not trated individually, as a result my expression sum(Amount) is still adding $ amt + no. of shipments. I cannot hide that column as I created a pivot table.

pivot.jpg

What would be a workaround? Do I need to add a calculated expression? If so how? Is there a way I can achieve this row to column conversion in load script itself ?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

you can put an if condition the load script itself to pull the rev type column as 2 separate columnss;

eg. load field1,

if(revtype>100, revtype) as [revtype amount],

if(revtype<=100, revtypes) as [revtype shpmts],

fieldn

You can specify the condition inside if depending on how to differentiate currency value from number values.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Roma. That was helpful. As my F12 column in excel indicates $ value with $ sign and everything else as Null I used,

if(F12='$', [Amount]) as [revtype amount],

if(isnull(F12), [Amount]) as [revtype shpmts]

Now this seems to get me the values as wanted but then my pivot table looks like this:

Untitled.png

How can I get rid of the 0 or -. Basically the null values. Ideally I would want the revtype amount beside the corresponding revtype shpmt.

Not applicable
Author

In that case, you can use 2 separate loads, with other common attribute as a point of join;

eg. If you have id as common attribute;

load Id,

[Amount] as [revtype amount],

amount_field_1,

amount_field_2,

from tablename

where F12='$'

join

load Id,

[Amount] as [revtype shpmnts],

shpmnts_field_1,

shpmnts_field_2,