cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Run a job until successful then stop

Hi guys and girls,

I hope you can help me.

When our Datawarehouse replication finishes every morning a flag gets set in a table to 1. This is a very simple table with only 1 field in it.

What I am trying to do is to continuously check until that flag is set to 1 from say a certain time in the morning right through till that flag is set whereby I then want to kick of a set of data loaders.

I have set up a model that loads from that table and if the flag is 1 the model reloads successfully, else it fails but the problem is I can't schedule it to run continuously as this will then result in the models been executed continuously as well right throughout the day.

Is there a way in QVMC to continuously load a job until successful and then stop this job automatically until its scheduled to run the next day?

Or is there another way of doing this?

Thanks,
Marius

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What you intend to do is not the most efficient usage of computer resources.

Usually this kind of workflow is handled the other way around. For example, you can let your DB/Datawarehouse trigger an external action upon completing the replication step (for example SQL Server has so-called agents to do that).

The external action consists of a simple batch/command file that sends an EDX signal to the QMS, and triggers a task (or any number of tasks you want). You can use QMSEDX Enhanced to do that.

That way, your QlikView server won't be wasting cpu cycles, RAM or Reload engines just to monitor a flag somewhere.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
karthikeyan1504
Creator III
Creator III

please use sleep function in your script.

The sleep statement pauses script execution for n milliseconds, where n is a positive integer no larger than 3600000 (i.e. 1 hour). The value may be an expression.

The syntax is:

sleep n

Examples:

sleep 10000;

sleep t*1000;

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What you intend to do is not the most efficient usage of computer resources.

Usually this kind of workflow is handled the other way around. For example, you can let your DB/Datawarehouse trigger an external action upon completing the replication step (for example SQL Server has so-called agents to do that).

The external action consists of a simple batch/command file that sends an EDX signal to the QMS, and triggers a task (or any number of tasks you want). You can use QMSEDX Enhanced to do that.

That way, your QlikView server won't be wasting cpu cycles, RAM or Reload engines just to monitor a flag somewhere.

Not applicable
Author

Awesome thanks Peter.