Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Run one script as Administrator under Section Access

I have Section Access working successfully in my document, thus allowing users to see their own KPIs, say "Difference between Target Opportunities and Actual Opportunities" for themselves.

But on the dashboard, I want to show another KPI which is "Org. Wide difference Target Opportunities and Actual Opportunities" which I cannot calculate currently because Section Access is in place.

Looking at the data below, when A logs in, he should see his own KPI as 10 and Org. Wide KPI as 30

When B logs in, he should see his own KPI as 20 and Org. Wide KPI as 30.

Sales AgentTarget - Actual Opportunities
A10
B20
Total30

Therefore, I want to create one variable that is not affected by Section Access, or rather assumes as if Administrator has logged in and has access to all the data.

Is this even possible?

Regards,
Sagar

4 Replies
Nicole-Smith

If you calculate the number and store the result in a variable in the script, you can use that variable to display the number to any of your users.

Not applicable
Author

Another alternative: if you have multiple KPI values is... Load an Inline table in a suitable format Straight table or Matrix

Not applicable
Author

Where should I calculate the number? In the database itself right?

Because I cannot calculate the number in my Qlikview application since Section Access script would have already run before any of the data is imported.

Nicole-Smith

You can calculate it in the QlikView load script.  Section Access is only run once a user opens the document to view it.  During the load script, you have all of the data.