Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Running Qlikview document with macros as scheduled task without being logged on

I have a Qlikview file which I would like to schedule every hour to reload and run macro which takes screenshots of document charts. Everything works perfectly fine, when I use Windows task scheduler to schedule the batch file or vbs-script which opens Qlikview, reloads the document and runs macros, but only when i have set the option "Run only when user is logged on". The thing is that I should get the same thing to work when I'm not logged in, but while using "Run whether user is logged in or not" the macros won't work. I have also tried to schedule the batch file and vbs-script with SQL Server Agent but with same result - it doesn't work when i'm not logged on. The same thing with NPrinting 10, the document reloads, but doesn't take screenshots when I'm not logged on although I have set a task to run macros. Any way to get this work? The operating system is Windows Server 2008 SP2 and Qlikview version 9.00 SR6.

2 Replies
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Did you get this issue sorted, I have the same issue

Regards

Alan

Not applicable
Author

You have to make sure you have user Log on as a batch job rights in order to run the task when user is not logged on.

Below link provides details on to see if you have authorization;

https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/how-to-give-a-user-log-on-as-a-batch-job-rights-f2691.html