Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canmarroig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Running sum of average

I need to create a waterfall graph, i've 3 different products i must forecast value depending on five different variable, my expression must be a running sum of avg :

if(RowNo()=1 or RowNo()=count(Dimension)+1,0,RangeSum(Above(avg(Value),1,RowNo()-1)))

but i wonder if my approach is ok, can you help me? Here attached a simplfied model of my dashboard.

Tks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
canmarroig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, at the end formula was ok, we have to manage script for a different model capabilities, but running sum expression was ok. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is the output not what you expect? I mean why do you have doubts?
canmarroig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I'm producing my dashboard from Tableau to Qv, the function RUNNING_SUM(AVG([value])) elaborates data in a different way, in QV every level up or down my value doesn't change meanwhile Tableau generate a different distribution of data.

sunny_talwar

Have not really used Tableau to know what the expression you gave might do... but if you can share the expected output for each bar in numerical terms, I might be able to take a look at it.

canmarroig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, at the end formula was ok, we have to manage script for a different model capabilities, but running sum expression was ok. 🙂