Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Running totals over all time

Hi,

I'd like to create a running total on a table that ignores the date dimension.  I've currently created a running total that works within a specific date range using rangesum and above.  For example.

I select 3/1 - 3/10.  It'll display...

3/1     10

3/2     15

3/3     18   

3/4     44

3/10     100

However, I want to see the running total across all history, but for those dates.  For example.

3/1     10010

3/2     10015

3/3     10018

3/4     10044

3/10     10100

Any tips on how I can do this?  Thanks!

George

6 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

To achieve this use Dimensionality option, or concatenate the expression to view.

Let me know about this.

HTH

Rgds

Anand

its_anandrjs

Hi,

See the sample code for this it is the way you are able to show it.

HTH

Rgds

Anand

its_anandrjs

Hi,

See the updated sample file.

HTH

Rgds

Anand

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Ok i explain you Dimension that you use in dimension section has a perticular expression so it display the expression which is based on dimension with the help of dimensionality. It will Returns the number of dimension columns that have non-aggregation content

By this code

=If(dimensionality()=1,Sum(total Value)& '' & Sum(Value),sum(Value))

See the sample code

Rgds
Anand

its_anandrjs

Hi George,

As i understand i reply to you,It is the solution that you want.

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anand,

I've uploaded an attachment to my original post using your model.  I modified the dataset slightly and added two columns that mimic what I'm looking for.

Notice the running total there works fine.  However, if I select a date, the running total value will change according to whatever dates I select.  I would like the running total to not adjust to the time range I select.  Is that possible?  Thanks!

George