Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SET Analysis Question

Hello All, I am trying to calculation the % for Each Month/Year. and please find the below steps:

Dimension: Month/Year [May-2015, Apr-2015 etc]

Expression:

Basic:  Sum of ItemID if ItemID avg LeadTime - Prev 6 Months avg LeadTime range -1 to 1 then 1 else 0  / [Count of ItemID for Month]

How Can I write this on SET Analysis.

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

Its hard to understand your expression. Would you be able to put it in words of what you are trying to do?

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

I have fields like [Month/Year] ,[DateKey] , [ItemID] , [LeadTime]

I am creating the line chart showing LeadTimeGap % measure for each Month/Year. So Dimension is Month/Year. I want to show all the Month/Year even though I select the Month/Year on LB

Please find below Nr & Dr parts:

Denominator is pretty Straight Forward: Total No of ItemID's in the May-2015 month

Count( {<[Month/Year]=>} DISTINCT [ItemID] ) --> I added the SET to ignore the [Month/Year] selections

Numerator calculation is little complex. I need to count ItemID only if ( ItemID current Month avg LeadTime ) - (ItemID Prev 6 Months avg LeadTime) must b/n -1 to 1.

I am not sure how to write Nr expression in SET analysis.

Not applicable
Author

Any thoughts.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It may or may not work with set analysis.  Besides, not enough information to give you the precise answer.  From the available information, here is the directions:

count(distinct

if((CurrentMonthAvgLeadTime - Prev6MonthAvgLeadTime) >-1

and (CurrentMonthAvgLeadTime - Prev6MonthAvgLeadTime) < 1,

ItemID))

You have to substitute the

CurrentMonthAvgLeadTime

and

Prev6MonthAvgLeadTime

with your actual expressions of course.

Or, upload an example of your app for a more specific answer.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael, Please find the attached qvw for reference:

Below is the formula for avg Lead Time

avg LeadTime = avg( Actual_Lead_Time)

Note: because of huge data, I attached for 3months

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I have no idea what you're trying to calculate. Can you give an example using actual numbers? Perhaps an excel file with some example calculations?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Gysbert, Please find the attached excel with sample data and I explained my calculation in the other tab as well. The data tab is my data and I explained calculations on OUTPUT tab. Please let me know in case of any concerns.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Good, that excel file certainly helped to explain your question. See attached qvw for a solution.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand