Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Highlighted
Not applicable

SQL##f - SqlState: 07001, ErrorCode: 4294964286, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1"

Hi,

Please can you assist, I am receiving the following error when trying to load the data into QlikView:

"SQL##f - SqlState: 07001, ErrorCode: 4294964286, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.

SELECT RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.Date, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FFM, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FIRMNM, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.EXCH, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.ALTCUR, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FUTCOD, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FUTDSC, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FCONDT, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.NEWSTRIK, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.TRADE_DATE, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.ACCTNO, RBC_Books.Transit_Number, [80000_file].[Transit ID (Mgmt Dest Transit)], [80000_file].Management_Lev4_Desc_D, [80000_file].Management_Lev5_Desc_D, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.TRNCDE, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.NEWQUANT01, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.BORS, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.PRICE, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FEE4001, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.RATE40, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.RATE09, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FEE0901, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.CRYB, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.LNAME, RBC_Books.Application_Name

FROM 80000_file INNER JOIN (RolfandNolanTrades_RawData INNER JOIN RBC_Books ON RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.ACCTNO = RBC_Books.Book_Name) ON [80000_file].[Transit ID (Mgmt Dest Transit)] = RBC_Books.Transit_Number

WHERE (((RBC_Books.Application_Name) Like "ROLFE & NOLAN LON*"))"

I have created a database with 3 tables that are updated monthly manually.

I then created a query that joins the three tables together and brings back the relevant fields (this works in Access) then copied the query into QlikView, I receive the error above.

Many thanks for your time.

Mary

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: SQL##f - SqlState: 07001, ErrorCode: 4294964286, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1"

You are using double quotes in your SQL where you have to use single quotes:

WHERE (((RBC_Books.Application_Name) Like "ROLFE & NOLAN LON*"))

And the * should be substituted for a %

SQL Server has different wildcard characters from QlikView. In between the SQL and the following semicolon it is SQL Server syntax that rules!

Should be:

WHERE RBC_Books.Application_Name Like 'ROLFE & NOLAN LON%'

8 Replies
michielvandegoo
Valued Contributor

Re: SQL##f - SqlState: 07001, ErrorCode: 4294964286, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1"

Is your ODBC connecting to the database at all?

Is this your complete load statement? I do not see a Load statement in your code, only the select.

Not applicable

Hi Michiel,

Thank you for the quick response. Yes it is connecting.

This is the complete load statement:

Load *;

SELECT RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.Date, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FFM, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FIRMNM, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.EXCH, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.ALTCUR, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FUTCOD, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FUTDSC, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FCONDT, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.NEWSTRIK, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.TRADE_DATE, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.ACCTNO, RBC_Books.Transit_Number, [80000_file].[Transit ID (Mgmt Dest Transit)], [80000_file].Management_Lev4_Desc_D, [80000_file].Management_Lev5_Desc_D, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.TRNCDE, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.NEWQUANT01, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.BORS, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.PRICE, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FEE4001, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.RATE40, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.RATE09, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.FEE0901, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.CRYB, RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.LNAME, RBC_Books.Application_Name

FROM 80000_file INNER JOIN (RolfandNolanTrades_RawData INNER JOIN RBC_Books ON RolfandNolanTrades_RawData.ACCTNO = RBC_Books.Book_Name) ON [80000_file].[Transit ID (Mgmt Dest Transit)] = RBC_Books.Transit_Number

WHERE (((RBC_Books.Application_Name) Like "ROLFE & NOLAN LON*"));

Thanks again for your time

michielvandegoo
Valued Contributor

I can't help you further.

I can suggest to not make a select statement but instead create the same query in QlikView script.

Load the 3 tables and join as needed.

rustyfishbones
Honored Contributor II

Did you ever figure out what the issue was with this error?

igdrazil
Contributor III

Any Solutions for this problem?

MVP
MVP

You are using double quotes in your SQL where you have to use single quotes:

WHERE (((RBC_Books.Application_Name) Like "ROLFE & NOLAN LON*"))

And the * should be substituted for a %

SQL Server has different wildcard characters from QlikView. In between the SQL and the following semicolon it is SQL Server syntax that rules!

Should be:

WHERE RBC_Books.Application_Name Like 'ROLFE & NOLAN LON%'

igdrazil
Contributor III

I had the Same Error Message and i had a Parameter missing in my Database,

maybe it's the same for you.

Regards,

Chris

Not applicable

Yes, Petter's suggestion. Thank you very much for your help though.