Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SQL vs Qlikview - translation table wrt. function names is desired

Reference to a source that provides a translation table between 'native' Qlikview and 'ODBC' SQL Server function names is appreciated.

I am in the proces of writting a script in Qlikview that uploads data from my companys SQL Server database. As part of that script I need to create a variable, Sign, that indicates the sign of a numerical variable, Amount:

Sign = Amount/fabs(Amount)

However, in order to make this work, when using ODBC Connect I ended up, after some trial and error, writting it as:

Sign = Amount/abs(Amount)

As another example, date# does not work either when using ODBC Connect.

Therefore as the headline states:

Reference to a source that provides a translation table between 'native' Qlikview and 'ODBC' SQL Server function names is appreciated.

/Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

No problem, you' re welcome.

When running an SQL statement in Qlikview, you can retrieve all data and use Qlikview functions:

Let's take an example:

LOAD A,B, fabs(A) as My_fabs_value;

SQL SELECT A,B,C,D FROM Server.dbo.MyTable;

In this example, you select fields from your SQL table ( you can use any DB SQL query).

The Load function is using the retrieved data to be transformed using Qlikview functions.

Do you need more help on this point ?

Rgds,

Sébastien

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Why don't you use Qlikview function in your Load statement just near your normal sql features ?

This could be easier for you couldn't be ?

Not applicable
Author

Appreciative of your answer may I please ask you to elaborate on the answer as I do not understand (which may be because I am fairly new to Qlikview programing)?

Possibly by providing an example.

Thanks in advance!

/Peter

Not applicable
Author

No problem, you' re welcome.

When running an SQL statement in Qlikview, you can retrieve all data and use Qlikview functions:

Let's take an example:

LOAD A,B, fabs(A) as My_fabs_value;

SQL SELECT A,B,C,D FROM Server.dbo.MyTable;

In this example, you select fields from your SQL table ( you can use any DB SQL query).

The Load function is using the retrieved data to be transformed using Qlikview functions.

Do you need more help on this point ?

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

Hello Sébastien

It most certainly did solve the problem!

Regards

Peter