Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Salesforce Connector - Connection Failed

Has anyone had a Salesforce connection just stop working?  There were no changes to Salesforce or Qlikview and from one hourly reload at 8pm to the next at 9pm it went from working fine to failing.  The error message in the script log said 'Connection Failed'.  When I look at the Connector log it shows:

04-24 11:47:31 Progress Connected to SalesForce with C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\SalesForceDLL.dll version 11, 0, 10017, 0 (DLL Protocol version: 2)

  2018-04-24 11:47:31 Progress EndPointUrl=https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/26.0



...and that's it.  No error message...no further log (when it was working there was a a full log showing the extract of data).


I have checked just about everything I have found that I can (API Version, IP Address ranges, etc.) and it still fails.  It never mentions anything about issues with the User ID or Password (I honestly do not think it is even getting to that point).  It seems it just cannot even contact the Salesforce Server.


That being said, after it started failing there was one time where it appeared to connect, grab a small smattering of data and then disconnected.  This was after the original fail (and after it had failed three times before that), but no such connection since.



Anynoe have any ideas?

Alex

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Maybe try updating to a later version of the Salesforce connector? You should be able to grab the later versions from the downloads page.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing a similar problem.

Could this be related to Qlik having stopped supporting QV 11 and the connector being somehow v11 related?

For us, this was solved by reinstalling a previous version of the Connector, not available anymore from Qlik, but that we had kept as a backup.

MA

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Marc-Andre,

Thanks for responding.  The QVConnector is v12.10.

Alex

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Which version of QlikView are you using?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

v12

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Maybe try updating to a later version of the Salesforce connector? You should be able to grab the later versions from the downloads page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

We're having the same problem.   QV 12 server using SF 11 connector stopped working last weekend.  The connection appears to be successful but 0 rows are returned for each table query.   Acquired a new token and still no luck returning data.   I have a second server with QV 12, installed SF 14 connector on this server and am unable to make a successful connection.   I receive the error INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.    I can go to the SF website and log in without any problems so I don't think my user is locked out. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

We upgraded QV SF Connector to 14 and after adding the Proxy info, it finally connected and began extracting data.  However, there was one significant problem.  It was QUALIFYING all of the fields and preceding loads would not work.  The only solution for the time being is to do a SQL load and then do a resident load from the SQL load being sure to alias all the fields to get rid of the qualification.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Alexander,

We are having similar issues with v11 SalesForce Connector. We try to install the v14 but when we try to connect the next error appears 'The selected connector has stopped working'. Could you explain how to configure the Proxy info?

Thank you so much.

Kind regards,

Gonzalo

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Gonzalo,

If I recall correctly, your SF Admin will need to get you the Proxy Info.  As an fyy, once we upgraded we we were able to connect fine with two small hiccups.  1) the aforementioned qualification of fields.  2) When the script would hit the Event table it would randomly fail.  It worked most of the time. but occasionally it would fail.  The connector log gave weird message to Engine App Id, Session App Id, etc.  It was not clear what was going.  I made a small change to the script where I disconnected the SF connection and re-established right before trying to load the Even table.  So far, it has not failed again.  It was a random thing, but it seems to be working.

Alex