Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Save and share set of Selections

Hello Everyone ,

I have a client requirements which is to have a functionality wherein a User on the Qlikview dashboards makes certain selection and decides to save the combination of selections for future use .The User will click on a 'Save Selection ' to save his selection and will also have ' Load Selections ' to load this previously saved selection

Now i agree that use of Bookmarks are a strong candidates here but another requirements is that the user wants to 'Share' his saved selections to other users as well .

I was just brain storming on set of ideas to achieve this functionality one being the use of Macros but again 'Ajax ' Plugin will be mostly used and other being creating a Extension object which passes the Group of selection to a WEB server which inturns uses a database to save and load the Selections but i am not sure what all parameters can be passed .

Just need a brainstorming sessions with the Qlikview community on this scenario .

Ideas / Suggestions and feedback will be much welcomed .

Regards ,

s_tushar

3 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

HI Tushar,

Sounds like a case for Shared Server Bookmarks; see below:

Andy

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, I also would go for shared server bookmarks. Described e.g. here:

"Share Bookmark with Other Users"

Not applicable
Author

Shared server bookmarks is just what i initially thought but its now Accessing a shared server bookmark is not user friendly , i need a slick interface which a user click on 'Save ' button to save his selections and click on ' Load 'button and select on of this own of shared selections .

Saw some post in the community regarding use of .shared file in Server and push the bookmark data to DB and finally into qv model and use triggers and actions to set the selections just brain storming about the idea .