Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saving Document slow:

It seems that when I save a QV document, it take longer than expected to complete the save process.

For example, I have a 200 mb QV document, and it takes about 25 seconds to save to my Solid State Hard Drive (Samsung 840 Pro)

When saving, it looks like the hard drive never reaches it's maximum capacity for write, however the CPU spikes close 100%.

When you save a QV document, is it doing some sort of compression and is that why the save process slows down so much?

I am curious to hear other users experiences when saving large documents, and how long some of your documents take to save.

Regards,

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Steve,

Indeed, by default the compression in any QVW file is set to high. Check the Settings menu, Document Properties, General, and set compression to None.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Steve,

Indeed, by default the compression in any QVW file is set to high. Check the Settings menu, Document Properties, General, and set compression to None.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I see.  Looks like my 200 MB doc jumped to 600 MB without compression, however the save time dropped from 25 seconds to around 2-3 seconds.

Load still took around 10 seconds, but these are significant improvements and I thank you.

Regards,

Steve