cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hartleyr
Contributor III
Contributor III

Scaling a grid chart or getting the scatter chart to work - Qlikview

Hi All.  I'm calling on your guidance, as I am stuck, and despite much time googling and trawling through similar questions, I can't seem to find an answer

I am currently trying to create a form of scatter chart that gives me a chart of weights (Y axis) by Date (x axis) demonstrated by customer.

A grid chart gives this to me, but I can not get this to scale.  The image below provides an example of this.  We should have 'Tonnage' up to 32 tonnes, yet I only see this scaled to 8. Re-sizing the chart allows more to be included, however this isn't necessarily practical and does not necessarily resolve the problem.

Unscaled Grid.PNG

If I try and create this via a Line chart, the scaling works fine, but it averages my weights where I need to effectively show the raw data - a weight for each ticket number (although I don't want to or need to show the ticket).  If I try and set it up as a Scatter, it wants 2 numerical expressions.

I may be the way I'm approaching this or my calculations, but any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Rebekah

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a workaround that may work for you. It's for a grid chart.

My problem is based on survey data. Each location has an average survey score and number of participants. I wanted to show the score Y-axis and have the number of participants as the dot size.

I autogenerated a percentage table (tonnage in your case). This is what I used as a Y-axis. My expression then changes from just Sum(Participants)

to

If(Round(Avg(Score),0.1)=Round(Avg(ScoreAxis),0.1),Sum(Participants),0)

This it to keep the grid chart from populating every spot on the grid. At this point the chart looked like my original problem. To scale, add an expression with a constant value. I just added 1. This shows every Y-axis every value you autogenerated. If you want to reduce the Y-axis to limit to range of the values, change the constant expression to:

If(Avg(ScoreAxis)>=Min(TOTAL Aggr(Avg(Score),Location)) and Avg(ScoreAxis)<=Max(TOTAL Aggr(Avg(Score),Location)),1)

I have attached an example.

Unfortunately, this workaround will require you to round the expressions to be able to link with the scaled axis.

I hope this helps.

hartleyr
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Leroux.  I got round the issue using scaling, but if I'm honest I'd prefer a better way, so I'll give this a go on our next development and let you know how I get on