Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Script Debugger not stepping through entire script

I apologize if I am somewhat vague, I am new to qlikview and I am taking over for someone else who set up most of my groups currently existing qlikview stuff, so there is a lot that I don't understand yet.

I have an extract app that I am trying to debug, but when I go through the debugger it ends prematurely. For whatever reason, it seems like regardless of what the data pull is (for each of which I have a select, a store, and then a drop), it goes through one pull and then says the script has been completed with no error. Originally it was an extracting from an excel file, but when I tried removing that and having it go straight to the database tables, it kept doing the same thing just running that first database extract instead of the excel one.

Thanks.

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I am sure that you must have checked if there is an 'Exit Script' or not. Is there any possibility that you can share the code section?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sounds like a mssing semicolon or some other syntax problem. Can you post the script?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Here is essentially what the script looks like:

There are a bunch of set statements, then:

AIVR:

LOAD Item,

data,

data,

data,

[data],

[data],

[data],

[data]

FROM

(biff, embedded labels, table is Untitled$);

STORE AIVR INTO C:\folder\folder\file.qvd;

Drop table AIVR;

the debugger stops here, but the next line of code is the odbc connect

jaime_aguilar
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

It seems that the problem could be in the folder where you want to save the qvd file. QlikView can't create folders (unless you use a macro), so when the script executes it fails with no apparent reason (and with no specific error message) when the target folder hasn't been created previously. So, the easiest solution is to make sure that the target folder (C:\folder\folder\ in your example) is created before executing the script.

Jaime

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, all of the folders and the qvd itself exist. To clarify, the script doesn't say it fails at any point, it simply only runs through the very first load/store/drop set and then says the script is finished.

Not applicable
Author

If the script is running thru the first load/store/drop set, that means the issue is not in this set. Its somewhere after this set in the lines that follow this set.....like you said the next line is ODBC connect. the problem may be lying in that connection. you may want to check the subsequent lines.

Not applicable
Author

If the script is running thru the first load/store/drop set, that means the issue is not in this set. Its somewhere after this set in the lines that follow this set.....like you said the next line is ODBC connect. the problem may be lying in that connection. you may want to check the subsequent lines.

Not applicable
Author

As I said originally however, if I remove the above posted code and let it go directly to the ODBC connect it successfully connects and goes through the first select/store/drop set sucessfully and again stops saying the script was executed successfully as soon as that first set is complete.