Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Script Execution Progress

I am using QV 11 SR9.   All of a sudden, when I run a reload, I no longer show any activity in the Script Execution Progress screen.  It runs the script and if I have the check box for Keep Progress Open after Reload, it shows me the activity only after the entire script is completed.  It used to show me activity as it was loading each table and counting through the records.  I have a document with 25 QVD files and 90 million records and I sure would like to monitor the progress of my re-loads.   I also have 3 other small apps with only a straight query to a SQL table and those do not show my any progress activity either.

What could I have done to my settings to hide the progress activity?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

Are you launching the reload from the script editor screen or from the application screen?

This can affect this issue.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Colin-Albert

This can happen if you have more than one QlikView app open at the same time.

The reload runs OK but only updates the progress window on completion, not during the reload.
If you have the document log enabled, then you can open the log file to review the progress of the reload.

It can be a real pain when the reload progress window does not update.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The son of a buck worked lasted week.  I do not have more than one session of QV open.  I did make a few changes in my user preferences, but nothing that I thought would affect the progress window of the load script.  I noticed it first on a new app we created and I thought it was just because it was only loading from one SQL source.  I also reduced some of my QVD's in my data directory.  It does not seem like I altered anything to hide to load script progress

Colin-Albert

Are you launching the reload from the script editor screen or from the application screen?

This can affect this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, there is irony.  When I launch from the Script Editor, it shows the progress.  When I launch from the application screen, it does not.  Historically, in the test environment, I typically launch from the app screen.  This does not make a whole lot of sense, but at least there is a work around.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Colin,

You solved my immediate problem.  Thanks for your quick response.  I still would like to know what I did to alter my hide status settings if anyone out there has experienced this issue too.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I saw this problem a few years ago (I think it was QV10) when reloading a large model from Oracle from the desktop. If we saved a no-data or reduced data model, this would display the reload progress, but if we simply reloaded the full model, the reload process froze until the reload was complete, and then showed the results. Has your model grown in size? You might be running low in memory allocated to the reload process, as it seems to be affected by the size of the model to be reloaded (at least it did then).

I have not seen that problem often since upgrading to QV11 and beyond.

HTH

Jonathan

Edit - we did not discover Colin's workaround!

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, I have been using this very large app for the last 6 months.  The app is more than 11 GB in size with all of the data loaded.  The problem started when we made a simple new app for a department here.  The app pulled 5000 rows of data from a SQL data table.  The query was pretty complex and took an hour to complete.  That was the first time we noticed that the progress status was not being updated.  Since then, none of my apps load with progress windows through the app screen reload.  As Colin pointed out, I have the work around.  I just want to know if I changed something in my user preferences.

rjoudega
Contributor
Contributor

I had this problem as well after upgrading to SR9. It's working properly again now after I ticked 'Close when finished', reloaded, and then unticked the option again. The problem has not re-occurred since.