cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Script error: Bad Zip FileCROSSTABLE

Hi all,

Any idea why this error is happening?

I'm reading several (several!!!) excel files, and seems that only in one the scrip has the problem.

Any idea on how to identify that suspicious file?

Appreciate your comments.

Luis

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Without having a look at your load script code, I believe any answer would be wild guessing. I assume that one of your load statements is not correctly finished.

Could you post the relevant part or your complete load script here?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

As Stefan said, this is a wild guess, but I think that error is due to a corrupted xlsx file (or an xls file that has been renamed xlsx for some reason).

Just my 2c

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Here it is the script with problems:

CROSSTABLE(WEBS, Var1Tot, 6)LOAD Year, PPL, System, Variable, [Code], Capitalize(Left(Month,3)) as Month,

[web 1], [web 11], [web 12], [web 13], [web 14], [web 15], [web 16], [web 17],

[middle web], [middle web1], [middle web2], [middle web3], [middle web4],

[middle web5], [middle web6], [middle web7],

[last web], [last web1], [last web2],

[last web3], [last web4], [last web5], [last web6], [last web7]FROM (ooxml, header is line, embedded labels, table is Var1)where PPL<>0 and PPL<>'' and

<>0 and System<>'' and System<>0; 

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Luis,

In document properties enable generate log file (in general file). While reloading a log file is create which can be helpful to spot the defective excel file. Along with the error description.

Regards,

Kiran Rokkam.

dgy
Employee
Employee

I had this problem and it was because the spreadsheet was password protected, removing the password fixed the problem.

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem. I have 22 excel files, all xlmx and exactly the same, and 21 out of them loads perfectly while the 22nd I get the script error; Bad Zip file.

I've remade the excel file two times but I get the same error message over and over again.

I tried to remove the password for the sheets (which still loads perfectly with the other 21st) and still the same problem.

Anyone knows the problem?

Obviously there is nothing wrong in the load statement as all the other loads perfectly.

Thanks

Karin