cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scripting - Best Way To Load Two Datamarts in One QV Model

Dear Friends, How are You?

For a market analysis application, we need to combine two datamarts . Both models have the same dimensions and the same structure in the fact table . However content is not similar . For example:

Example: (As you can see I have the same dimension and the same fact structure, but for example for the product dimension doesn't have the same products.)

Model 1- Market Sector 1

Product Dimension

Time Dimension

Client Dimension

Fact:

ProductId,TimeId,ClientId

Units,

Sales,

Model 2- Market Sector 2

Product Dimension

Time Dimension

Client Dimension

Fact:

ProductId,TimeId,ClientId

Units,

Sales,

I can use concatenate to have all in one model and use flag to identified what market analysis is (On Dimension and Fact Tables), but when the users swicth between both market analysis I want to present on the dimension only data relationed to the market analysis that the user select. Is possible to do that? Maybe I can use Qualify To have botht datamart separated in one application.

Best Regards!

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I would excactly use the concatenate approach and flag both facts and dimensions from where they are. You could then exclude impossible values from displaying within the listboxes per options (tab general) or you used an expression with conditions within the listbox.

I use in a similar case the approach the flag to select and then to lock - afterwards the dimension-values from the other side aren't selectable anymore.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your Answer Marcus, I'll use the concatenate approach.

Best Regards!