Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

Search Frequency count

Hi Experts,

My requirement might sound strange but this I might require in near future in my project.

My client want to know the frequency of the search word repeated in a column/field( this means some location for the end user and they got their own high level analytics involved in this)

I have attached a screenshot on what I am talking about.

Is this possible or somehow be able to show in a separate table box or some other object in qlik dashboard.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shyam.

4 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

2 possibilities shown here:

The first will count the number of distinct values in a field called [FieldName] that have a specific WORD. Its a case insensitive search.

= count( DISTINCT  if( SubStringCount( upper([FieldName]) , 'WORD'),[FieldName]))

This is also case insensitive but it will count up multiple hits of the WORD in the same value, ultimately telling you the number of times WORD appears in all the distinct values that exist in [FieldName]

= sum (  distinct SubStringCount(upper([FieldName]),'WORD'))

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thats an Interesting way of doing it. Thanks heaps.

Will give a try and will get back to you at the earliest.

Regards,

Shyam.

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Can I somehow get the words in the strings 'WORD' dynamic?

It Should match the words they enter in the Search box.

Regards,

Shyam.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

If you were searching an individual field you could use getfieldselections() but only once the selection has actually been made.

You could also use an input box to capture a word as a variable . Once its in a variable you are good to go but obviously thats not a search box.