Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Search Object Functionality

Hello,

When using the search object I find that the more information I enter the more results I get, which seems wrong.  With a more specific entry shouldn't I get a smaller subset of results?  Can anyone suggest how I could configure the search box to narrow its search given multiple word entrys, or just explain its functionality.

Thanks,

Tyler

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It seems like the normal search will search for every word typed like as if it had 'or' between each word. If you use wild match search * * it will search for exact string.

So Need Sample will return anything containing Need or Sample.

*Need Sample* returns only results containing the string 'Need Sample'

I have not used the other search options, so I am not aware of how they work.

Edit: The help section has a lot of information regarding how the search works. If you look at the help section for 'Fuzzy Search' there is a link to Search that describes the normal function.

Not applicable
Author

Does anyone know of a way to get the 'AND' functionality, instead of the 'OR' that marcsliving has described?

Not applicable
Author

Add a * to the end of the string you are typing. This will only bring back results that start with what you typed

Not applicable
Author

I dont beleive the '*' is what I am looking for. Here is an example that may help clarify:

Lets say I had this list:

"swiss cheese"

"cheddar cheese"

"provolone cheese"

"pepper jack cheese"

When I search "cheese swiss"  I would only want the "swiss cheese" result to appear but as of now I see all the cheeses.  I am looking for a way to get the keywords to narrow down the result instead of increasing it.

rrsrini2907
Creator
Creator

Hi,

By default Qlikview uses some algorithm.

But you can change it based on your requirement.

The fuzzy search can help in your case. It will show all values but when you enter "Cheese S" and hit enter, it will select "swiss cheese" is selected.

Regards,

Srini.