Did you mean: 
sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Searching Field Value in another field in Set analysis

Hi Folks, 

I need help regarding below issue.

I have below view and i want to print the following:

i>  "ITRC\Remedy\1||1234" in "Try with Only Function" Expression when "StarAsset" columns has 1234 value

ii> "ITRC\Remedy\1||3456" in "Try with Only Function" Expression  when "StarAsset" columns has 3456 value. 

Popup1.pngI have used the Only function to achieve this. and it is working correctly but based on selection. 

When i select *1234* value from StartAsset column output will be like below as per expectation and Similarly for *3456* i am getting ITRC\Remedy\1||3456 in "Try with only function column". This works only if you select any value from "StarAsset " column othetwise it appears blank. I want it to be appear without selection.

I am getting  ITRC\Remedy\1||1234, ITRC\Remedy\1||3456  = Concat([Treatment Asset],',')

I have tried with below Only Expression: 

"Try with Only Function" =  Concat({< [Finding Treatment Asset]={$(=vFinalValuesToLook)},[Treatment Asset]={"$(=Only({< [Finding Treatment Asset]={$(=vFinalValuesToLook)} >} StarAsset))"} >} [Treatment Asset],',')

Can anybody please help me how to search Field values in another field in set analysis. qvw is also attached here for your reference.

PopUp2.png

Thanks

Sarfaraz

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

=Concat({<StarAsset = {'*3456*'}, [Treatment ID] = {$(=Concat(Chr(39) & [Treatment ID] & Chr(39), ','))}>} [Treatment Asset], ',')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

I don't think set analysis will work here... may be try with aggr and if statement like this

Concat(Aggr(If(WildMatch([Treatment Asset], StarAsset), [Treatment Asset]), StarAsset, StarFindingID, [Treatment Test], [Treatment Asset]))

image.png

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you very much stalwar ...It works as expected ....However i was wondering to get it done in set analysis itself because data is huge and will take a time to process it with AGGR function at front end.

Let me try to accomodate solution with real time data  and will check it performance. 

Thanks a lot once again. Really appreciate your help. 

Thanks

Sarfaraz 

sunny_talwar

The only way to make this efficient is to create a flag in the script

LOAD ...,
 If(WildMatch([Treatment Asset], StarAsset), 1, 0) as Flag
FROM ...;

Now you have this flag which you can use in your expression like this

Concat({<Flag = {1}>} [Treatment Asset])

or

Concat(DISTINCT {<Flag = {1}>} [Treatment Asset])
sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Correct But [Treatment Asset] and StarAsset coming from different table . and there is no link between that table. 

Both tables are data island. 

Moreover, it will work on selection basis only ..If i select Remedy1 then associated TreatmentAsset items will get compare with asset from another table . It will have to work based on user selection. 

It would be great help if that can be done in backend as you said. 

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Correct But "TreatmentAsset"  and StarAsset coming from different table . and there is no link between that table. 

Both tables are data island. 

Moreover, it will work on selection basis only ..If i select Remedy1 then associated TreatmentAsset items will get compare with asset from another table . It will have to work based on user selection. 

It would be great help if that can be done in backend as you said. 

sunny_talwar

In that case Aggr() with if statement is your only option.