Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Searching: if and how fields are used in charts

Hi all,

I've been tasked with cleaning up an existing Qlikview file. One of the issues I have is verifying if and how the fields being loaded are used in any of the charts so I can begin to trim down the script... there are 167 fields across 16 different tables. Fortunately, there are no synthetic keys, but there are a couple of tables that are orphaned and I'm not certain they are necessary.

Does anyone know of a way to search for the presence of a particular table field in the charts without having to open each tab/chart individually? Or is there a way to get the inventory of all the fields being displayed by chart? It would make my life a lot easier.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use Rob Wunderlichs Document Analyzer. It will analyze your document and generate tables with a lot of information about your document. You'll have to add a chart to show the relations between field and charts. The information is available in the generated tables, but there's not a chart that displays that.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use Rob Wunderlichs Document Analyzer. It will analyze your document and generate tables with a lot of information about your document. You'll have to add a chart to show the relations between field and charts. The information is available in the generated tables, but there's not a chart that displays that.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion.

It took several attempts to get it to work, but I now have what I think I need. It seems relatively intuitive, but are there any written instructions?