Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access Data Refresh issue

I have weekly receiving files, where i have 4 fields namely Employee name, Emp id and Manager name, Mgr id

Those who are in Managers can come under Employee also, as they have their respective Managers.

Similarly i have 650 reporting managers

I have created a hierarchy using Employee Field with Hierarchy function

Table1 :

Hierarchy (Emp id ,Mgr id,Employee name,,Employee name,[Resource Path],'|',[Resource Depth])

Load

Emp id &'|'&Mgr id&'|'&Week as hierarchy_key

and HierarchyBelongsTo function,

Table2:

HierarchyBelongsTo (Hierachykey1, hierarchy_key, [Resource Path], TreeID, TreeName)

Load

Emp id &'|'&Mgr id&'|'&Week as hierarchy_key1,

[Resource Path]

Resident Table1;

i got 8 levels of hierarchy with Employee  as Employee 1,2,..8. And have created a Reduction field called PERMISSIONS

(i.e)

Upper([Resource Path]) as PERMISSION.

PERMISSIONS

A

A|B|B1|B2

A|C|C1|C2|C3

A|C|C1|C2|C5

A|C|C1|C2|C4

D|E

D|F1|F2|G1|G2

So, every time ill look for Reporting Managers name from Reporting Managers field (eg: C2), ill search and select that name in the Hierarchy fields which were created i.e., in Employee 1,2,3..8 and put that selected rows from PERMISSIONS field and put it in Section access, and ill have to enter his ID (NTNAME same as ID) against it.

ill do the same manual work for all 650 managers, that is very difficult. And every week data changes and will have to do every week.

How can i automatically do that ?

OR how can i add his ID to the respective rows he belongs to ?

PERMISSIONS          ID(NTNAME)

A|C|C1|C2|C3            C101 ( this ID belongs to C2, if he access app in access point)

A|C|C1|C2|C5            C101

A|C|C1|C2|C4            C101

OR is there any way that i could have his name in first hierarchy like below, so that i can add first name's ID as second column and i can pull this data to section access

PERMISSIONS          ID(NTNAME)

C2|C3            C101 ( this ID belongs to C2, if he access app in access point)

C2|C5            C101

C2|C4            C101

This is an urgent requirement . Please help me in this.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could anyone pls help me on this..