Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access For ADMIN

Hi Everyone,

I have an application where I have implemented the section access on NT NAME and LDAP authentication is already implemented on the server and it's working fine, but I have an extra requirement to give access to Admin to see the view of other users. I mean ADMIN should be able to see the restricted view also which he has given for the individual users. It's difficult for me to every time ask my user to share his screen and I don't want to create dummy users .

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Akash

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please answer to my above question?

Thanks,

Akash

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If the ADMIN has section access table itself with him/her, the other users' view (which field values or the fields themselves are allowed) is there right?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Tresesco,

I understand that the Admin has complete view , but what I want is that ADMIN should be able to see other User's view separately also by using there email Id.  Let's suppose if he has given an User XYZ access to UK country view , Admin should be able to use XYZ email Id only to See the UK country Restricted View.

Hope I'm clear.

Thanks,

Akash

avinashelite

I mean you want to impersonate the values on the login ? is that is the requirement ?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Do you (admin) want to check how other user's view looks in access point? Or, knowing which country (say UK) he/she access to would be fine? - If the later works, you can get it from section access table itself.

Say you have:

Section Access;

Load * inline

[ACCESS,USERID,PASSWORD, COUNTRY

ADMIN, A,X,

USER,U,Y, UK

USER1, M, N, USA];

Section Application;

So you (admin) knows USER has access to UK and USER2 has access to USA.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Thanks in advance..:)

Absolutely, I want to check other User's view looks in access point so that I don't have to ask my user to share the screen, if is having any trouble with his particular restricted view

Thanks,

Akash

avinashelite

Got you !! you want to do the testing right

ok for that sake

use USERID insted of NTNAME and don't add the password

since you know the USERID , in the accesspoint enter the USERID and check the VIEW . Once testing is done change USERID to NTNAME

Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

As mentioned in the original question, I don't want to create dummy user.

The idea of changing the NTNAME with USERID is same as creating a duplicate user which I don't want.

Thanks

Cheers!!!

tresesco
MVP
MVP

The user's issue could be very much local to his/her desktop or any other client. Therefore, I guess it would not be anyway possible to view that specific view without sharing the screen or collaboration.