Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Section Access Landing pages

hi

i want users have Access to particular applications when they go through the Access Point using Section Access

I have two type of users:

Brand Manager for A,B or C: they have Access for only their managed brand (this is, only one application)

CRM Manager: they can Access all of them

I have three Applications A,B,C and one "Intro" Page (Application)

All Users shall go through the "intro" page (it is an application), which have a common design and there shall be a button "NEXT"

that shall Redirect them to the specific application they want to go.

how can i do this with section Access? when the user logs in, the System shall recognize ist account and when he/she clicks on next, the System shall Redirect to the specific application (A,B or C) like a landing page. Is it possible to use variables here?

thanks for any comment

felipe

11 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi felipe,

can you identify OSUSER() (the user who is logged on)?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

Why you don't want to use the access point. This shows to the Manager only the permited applications...

Attached you can find an manually Sollution, with trigger ...

You have to switch the Trigger to an URL if you are using QV Server.

But I would prefer the solution with the access point.

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

HI

yes i can identify, at least myself

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thanks i check this, what the user who has rights to 3 applications wants, is to see only one "intro" application in the Access Point, not three (i splitted the big qv document into 3 due to size, 300 millions records and more are to come)

Not applicable

Okay, if you need a link to three of them than you have to build up 3 buttons, and with the layout propertie you can make it visibile ...

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

but i only want to Show one button, the condition shall be, that the OS User is recognized, and based on that it goes to the application he is allowed to see

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

for the Trigger solution i still Need to authorize the users, right? this means, i have to give Access to the different applications A,B,C and this means the users will see These applications in the Access Point anyway
, otherwise they cannot Access the document

Not applicable

Correct ...

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

is there any way to Show only one appliction? probably not, right? then it make no sense to have an extra document