Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access Personal Sheet

Hi,

I am posting a question in relation to a Section Access sheet/ field reduction.

I am currently building a personal tab on my dashboard and am building charts.Tthey will only be able to see data on this Sheet that relates to them,

i.e a selection/ reduction of data in a field like Total Hours. I was hoping to force a selection in either of the fields I have such as StaffName or StaffIndex obtain this. However the catch is that this will have to be based off their NTName.

In the other sheets I am using Total Hours but as a total figure and you can't drill to an individual breakdown. Viewers on the access point will not be able to build or edit on the access point so this will prevent them form just throwing in a listbox of StaffIndex and finding individual hours as this would make the whole process redundant. 

Is it possible for me to make this personal tab where what they can view is based on their windows NTName and not effect the rest of my sheets. So its somewhat like using section access for  a reduction of data in a field but I want it to only apply on one Sheet

Thanks,

James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's only possible if you don't reduce the data that everybody should be able to see. That may mean that you have to load that data twice into different sets of tables. One table with the detail data that is reduces so they can only see the data relevant for them. And one table with the summary totals without details so it's safe for all to see.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's only possible if you don't reduce the data that everybody should be able to see. That may mean that you have to load that data twice into different sets of tables. One table with the detail data that is reduces so they can only see the data relevant for them. And one table with the summary totals without details so it's safe for all to see.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

I figured it probably wasn't possible alright!!

I have decided to create a workaround anyway. Using a filed that contains windows usernames and using that in set analysis with OSUser() to create custom graphs for each individual should do the trick for in case anyone is interested.

James