Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ciaran_mcgowan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Section Access Question

Hi all,

Quick question. Does anyone know if it's possible to use section access that requires multiple conditions to be met? What I mean by that is, could section access work if 2 or more access criteria is met?

I have an idea to workaround a client request where they need access to the following:

Data visible to Manager of user who created it AND is in the appropriate Region AND is in the appropriate Team.

If a Manager or User moves Territory or Team, they will no longer see this information. I'm thinking of an implementation where details of the user are used (EmployeeID-ManagerID-TeamID-RegionID) to create a unique ID for each row of data they create. That way, if I can implement SA correctly, managers will be able to see past information of team members, even if they move team or region, but not any information after they move.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be welcome!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi Ciaran, when I did something similar I also used a composed key.

There was a limit of 1million different values in section access, I reached that limit sometimes, to avoid this you can create an intermediate table between section access and the aplication based on user, so in section access each user only filters the user field of this table, and this table is the one that has the relation with the key.

This way, if there are more than a million different combinations, they will be in the section application, where is allowed, the section access only stores different users.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Ciaran, when I did something similar I also used a composed key.

There was a limit of 1million different values in section access, I reached that limit sometimes, to avoid this you can create an intermediate table between section access and the aplication based on user, so in section access each user only filters the user field of this table, and this table is the one that has the relation with the key.

This way, if there are more than a million different combinations, they will be in the section application, where is allowed, the section access only stores different users.

ciaran_mcgowan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. It's great to know that it's possible and thanks for the advice on it's limitations.

Really appreciate it!