Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access Reload Engine

Hello Everyone,

I want to start using the Section Access in my apps to restrict the access to some data, but once i included the Section Access my task to reload the application through the QV Server Reload Engine stated faling, if I coment the Section Access or reload the application manually it works fine! Are there any restriction on using the Section Access when I have a task to reload the application? Also, does the Section Access need to be especifically at the beggining or end of the script?

QV Server 11

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD

ADMIN, Admin, Admin

USER, Controladoria, 123

USER, Diretoria, 123

];

Section Application;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would suggest to write it in the hidden script and at the reload Task you have to enable the Section Access and provide the User Name and  Password.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is my section access, I have it after main variables definition and it works ...

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,NTNAME,USERNAME,LEVEL,SERIAL,AGENCY,DIVISIONE

ADMIN,*,*,*,xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx,*,*

ADMIN,Emanuele,Emanuele,9,*,*,*

ADMIN,qlik,qlik,9,*,*,*

];

Section Application;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would suggest to write it in the hidden script and at the reload Task you have to enable the Section Access and provide the User Name and  Password.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, as I am using Section Access for the first time I wasn't aware that I had to enable the Section Access and provide user name and password, I ve just tested and it worked!!

Not applicable
Author

Hi..How did you implement the reload..I clicked on Reload Now. The button changed to Abort Reload and nothing happened. Also, in the task status it shows "waiting". Any help will be much appreciated..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you have some interesting entries in the reload log?

Not applicable
Author

Hi..The issue was that I wrote NTNAME in lower case. Writing it in Upper case resolved the issue. Also for othet users I made it *..Now it is working fine

Thanks!