Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Section Access Upper problem

Hi,

I have NTNAME from my AD that consist small letters like DOMAIN\aaabbb.

Section Access will have all field in UPPER, so UPPER(DOMAIN\NTNAME) as NTNAME will gives me DOMAIN\AAABBB.

When OSUser(), wich is the same as NTNAME, try to open the application he will be DOMAIN\aaabbb and have no access to application, because DOMAIN\aaabbb is not equal DOMAIN\AAABBB.

How to solve this issue?

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A Domainname\accountname is case-insensitive in AD.

DOMAIN\UserABC and DOMAIN\USERABC both refer to the same Active Directory Account. However, in Section Access you should always use UPPER() to list accounts that should be granted access to a QlikView document. The return value of OSUser() has nothing to do with that.

Peter

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Ok, What I try to do is give Sheet Access by using Section Access. I distribute application by publisher, we use AD-Group on Document Cals. The applications is splited in 5 different application and works perfect.

Now to the tricky part, I have 3 sheet in the application that I want to show for different users. These users can be member of any of the 5 other groups and we have manage a special AD group for that. The problem is that Qlikview cant use AD group in show sheet conditional because its reduced when distribute, we have to go down on userlevel. I have build a qvscript that read all members in AD groups that should have Access to sheet and flag them with an '1'. I will then have a list with for ex. NTNAME=DOMAIN\aaabbb, SHEET1=1, this list is my Section Access. In show condition on sheet I use sum(if(upper(OSUser())=NTNAME,SHEET1)).

I use Initial Data Reduction Based On Section Access and Strict Exclusion in document properties.