Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access and Save/Replace File Prompt

Hi all,

I have section access built into a number of modules, and every time I save, I receive the standard "Save As..." Windows prompt (rather than simply saving/updating my changes in the existing file). Section access always causes Qlikview to treat the document like a new unsaved file. When I click "Yes" to save, it asks if I want to replace existing file with the same name (yes, of course! It's the same doc!).

Is there a setting I can choose so I don't receive this prompt? It's rather annoying.

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Paul, did you find a solution to this?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, there is now way to change this. Since Section Access has kicked in with a data reduction, the file is no longer the same, and QlikView will treat the open document as a new file.

HIC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Henric, thank you for your reply.

What if there is no data in the document?

In my scenario, i'm recreating the QVW from the -prj folder.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If the data reduction takes place, a flag is set that the file is no longer the same, and this triggers the "Save As". QlikView doesn't "know" that the selection/reduction doesn't remove any data. No comparison of "before" and "after" is made.

If you create it from the prj-folder, it doesn't really matter what you do - the file will be the same no matter if you save or not.

HIC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Henric.  Appreciate this and all your contributions.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

"If you create it from the prj-folder, it doesn't really matter what you do - the file will be the same no matter if you save or not"

Hmmm...Don't you need to save to write UI changes back to the -prj?

-Rob

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You are of course right, Rob. If you make UI changes, it makes a difference. My assumption was that you didn't.

HIC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Paul, is this just an annoyence or are you trying to do something? 

e.g. my vbscript was failing because the save wasn't working, I was able to change my vbscript command from save to SaveAs and now I'm set.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No UI changes.  Just recreating the QVW from -prj.

If the question is why I'm doing that? It's because I save the -prj to SVN.