Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninnartx
Creator
Creator

Section Access and User Privileges

Hi everyone,

I'm having some difficulties with admin / user privileges. So for the document attached, I have set user privileges such that the user will not be able to edit script or reload. However when I log in as admin, the edit script / reload buttons are grayed out as well. Am I doing something wrong?

Username and password for the document is "ADMIN".

I wanted to show you the real environment so edit script is grayed out. You can just change document properties -> security to be able to view my section access script.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is an option at the bottom of the security settings "Admin Override Security", which will enable all the disabled bits for Admins only - as long as you are opening the document using the Desktop client.

If you are opening via the access point (qvp, plugin or Ajax), then you will be connected with User privileges and you Admin status will b ignored.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Ninnart, I think your script is ok, the difference is that login as an admin you can change security, but login as an user you don't have that option.

ninnartx
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ruben,

Yes but shouldn't the admin have full control? My issue is that the "User Privileges" I set in Document Properties should only apply to user accounts but for some reason they apply to the admin account as well.

rubenmarin

Hi Ninnart, I know but that's the way it works, check the help: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Client/Content/Document_Properties_Security.htm

There is no place where it says that this settings are only applied to users, it only says that people (users in the spanish version) with administrative privileges can change this settings.

I don't know if there is a workaround to replicate the behaviour you are asking for, but you don't have to look to solve anything wrong because there is nothing wrong in your settings.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is an option at the bottom of the security settings "Admin Override Security", which will enable all the disabled bits for Admins only - as long as you are opening the document using the Desktop client.

If you are opening via the access point (qvp, plugin or Ajax), then you will be connected with User privileges and you Admin status will b ignored.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rubenmarin

New thing to learn today, easier as that.

Thanks Jonathan!

ninnartx
Creator
Creator
Author

That's exactly what i'm looking for! Thanks Jonathan and Ruben!