Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Welcome to our newly redesigned Qlik Community! Read our blog to learn about all the new updates: READ BLOG and REPORTED ISSUES
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access for Multiple selections and all selections

I am in the process of implementing Section Access on a document that we are releasing shortly. We have tested and have it working for users with only 1 Group (the field we are restricting data by). However, have users that require access to multiple Groups and a few super users that should have access to all Groups. I am using the following code in my script:

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD

ACCESS,

Upper(USERID) as NTNAME,

Upper(Group) as GROUP

FROM

.\Section Access Setup File.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

And in the file I have the following:

USERtest1Group1
USERtest2Group2
USERtest3Group1,Group2

I know that * is used to denote all options that have been used, but if we don't have a user assigned to every Group I still want my super users to see ALL Groups, so what is the syntax for this, is it 'ALL'?

Does the 'Group1,Group2' syntax work for a user with access to multiple Groups?

6 Replies
Champion III
Champion III

If I use inline load for section access, I use empty value instead of * to give access to all groups, like this:

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,      NTNAME,          GROUP

ADMIN,          SUPERUSER,    

];

Maybe it can help you.

Not applicable

Does that work when you have "strict exclusion" checked in Document Properties?

Champion III
Champion III

Yes - but only if user has ADMIN level access, which is typically the case with super-users.

Not applicable

Good intro's to Section Access but they don't really address the issues that I'm having.

I am going to try Michael's suggestion for the super users, but am still not sure how to accommodate a user having a multiple, yet finite, number of values to reduce their access to.

I believe the 'Group1, Group2' I have above does not work. I am trying to just add a second row for the same user, but with a different value in the GROUP field, like so:

USER

USER

test3

test3

Group1

Group2

What you need is described in

Generic keys

but to get a general idea, you can read the following also

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/10/02/complex-authorization

HIC