Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access for Multiple selections and all selections

I am in the process of implementing Section Access on a document that we are releasing shortly. We have tested and have it working for users with only 1 Group (the field we are restricting data by). However, have users that require access to multiple Groups and a few super users that should have access to all Groups. I am using the following code in my script:

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD

ACCESS,

Upper(USERID) as NTNAME,

Upper(Group) as GROUP

FROM

.\Section Access Setup File.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

And in the file I have the following:

USERtest1Group1
USERtest2Group2
USERtest3Group1,Group2

I know that * is used to denote all options that have been used, but if we don't have a user assigned to every Group I still want my super users to see ALL Groups, so what is the syntax for this, is it 'ALL'?

Does the 'Group1,Group2' syntax work for a user with access to multiple Groups?

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If I use inline load for section access, I use empty value instead of * to give access to all groups, like this:

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,      NTNAME,          GROUP

ADMIN,          SUPERUSER,    

];

Maybe it can help you.

Not applicable
Author

Does that work when you have "strict exclusion" checked in Document Properties?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes - but only if user has ADMIN level access, which is typically the case with super-users.

Not applicable
Author

Good intro's to Section Access but they don't really address the issues that I'm having.

I am going to try Michael's suggestion for the super users, but am still not sure how to accommodate a user having a multiple, yet finite, number of values to reduce their access to.

I believe the 'Group1, Group2' I have above does not work. I am trying to just add a second row for the same user, but with a different value in the GROUP field, like so:

USER

USER

test3

test3

Group1

Group2

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

What you need is described in

Generic keys

but to get a general idea, you can read the following also

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/10/02/complex-authorization

HIC