Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seahyanzheng
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access implementation on different dates

Hi,

I have section access implemented at taking the latest date.

However, i have realised that the team managers are not able to see his old subordinates data once the latest date is implemented.

Is there any way that the team managers can see old subordinaates data on Jun but not July when he has made the internal transfer?

Labels (1)
6 Replies
marcus_sommer

With a simple 1:1 relationship between managers and subordinates I don't think that it will be possible else you will need to extend it to something like managers and subordinates & '|' & YearMonth which is then a 1:n relationship. Such a change is from a scripting point of view not very difficult but getting and/or creating/maintaining the appropriate data may be a challenge.

- Marcus

seahyanzheng
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the reply.

I do have the data available but when i take the Sectionaccessdate at month end snapshot (currently only the latest date), the sectionaccess is not working anymore.

Example

No. | HierachyMember | UserID | Sectionaccessdate

1) | Thomas | William | 30May2019
2) | Thomas | John | 30Jun2019

Thomas reports to William on 30May2019 but reports to John on 30Jun2019. Intent was William to see Thomas on May calendar and no  moreThomas on Jun calendar. Also, John to see Thomas only on Jun onwards.

However, when i mapped to my master calendar, the section access is not working anymore.

Is it possible for sectionaccess to have different/multiple dates?

Thanks.

marcus_sommer

You need to have it on both sides - within the normal datamodel probably moved from dimension of stuff to the facts because you need now to combine stuff and YearMonth within a single field - and the appropriate matching within the section access table.

- Marcus

seahyanzheng
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Marcus,

There was a mapping of their unique identifier together with the sectionaccess date but when i reload it, the section access is not working anymore.

Thanks.

William

marcus_sommer

Just comment the section access; (maybe within a copy of the app and in general it's recommended to have enough BACKUPs by playing with section access) to see either the data as well as their relationship with the "normal" tables within the tableviewer and also within a tablebox - does it really display the expected data/relationship especially if you select various managers, employees and yearmonths?

Section access worked quite similar to the normal selections within a datamodel - just with the difference that the not matching data are removed during the opening. Therefore you could use a tablebox to check the logic and the data.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You guys are on the right track, here is main Design Blog post on Section Access, but there are some further dynamic data reduction links at the bottom that I think might help you out, check those out.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.