Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Make your voice heard! Participate in the 2020 Wisdom of Crowds® Survey. BEGIN SURVEY
arixooo123
Contributor III

Section Access not working the way I expect

Hello Guys

I am trying to add the section access for data reduction and security to my visualization layer in Qlik Sense enterprise server.

After the binary load, I added below scripts:

Section access;

load

'ADMIN' as ACCESS,

userid as USERID,

ACCESSKEY%

resident SecurityAccess;

Section Application;

load

SecurityAccess.userid as USERID,

AccessKey% as ACCESSKEY

Resident SecurityAccess;

ACCESSKEY is a composite key connected to our data specifying which rows users have access to.

When I enter 'USER' as ACCESS I get locked out of the app and when I try 'ADMIN' I can't see any data ( the app opens up with empty charts)

I appreciate your comments

7 Replies
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Re: Section Access not working the way I expect

SectionAccess.pngHi,

I've tested with some simple data in the attached file.

As a note, see if the option Settings -> Document Properties -> Initial Data Reduction (as below) is marked

Highlighted
jmvilaplanap
Valued Contributor

Re: Section Access not working the way I expect

Hi,

I show that you're using different fields for the KEY. In one is called with a % at the end. Maybe is there the problem?

Regards

Highlighted
arixooo123
Contributor III

Re: Section Access not working the way I expect

Sorry for unmarking your answer.

Honestly, It wasn't correct but I marked it because I thought I found the solution.

I am using qlik sense,

Below script used to work: But for some reason, it doesn't now, after running this, I still have access to everything and data is not reduced.

Section access;

load

'USER' as ACCESS,

'ActiveDirectory\' & Upper(SecurityAccess.USERID) as USERID,

ACCESSKEY%

resident SecurityAccess;

Section Application;

load

'ActiveDirectory\' & Upper(SecurityAccess.USERID) as USERID,

ACCESSKEY%

Resident SecurityAccess;



Highlighted
arixooo123
Contributor III

Re: Section Access not working the way I expect

I actually changed that a couple of times after I posted this.

It worked for once, but now is not.

You see, I used the same script in one app and It's working. But not for other apps

Highlighted
balabhaskarqlik
Honored Contributor

Re: Section Access not working the way I expect

may be this:

Check "prohibit binary load " in the settings\Document Properties\Opening tab.

Highlighted
balabhaskarqlik
Honored Contributor

Re: Section Access not working the way I expect

Create a source qlikview document that only contains the data you need in your other qlikview apps, but doesn't contain section access. Put the section access in the script of the other documents as needed, i.e. don't binary load it. You could choose to put the section access part of the script in a script file and use an include (or must_include) statement to include it in the scripts of the other documents.

Highlighted
arixooo123
Contributor III

Re: Section Access not working the way I expect

Hi Bala,

Thanks for your response.

But I am using qlik sense.