Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access reduction not working: QMC and Access Point

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with implementing field reduction with section access, to be viewed via Qlikview Access Point. I've created a hidden script tab with the criteria filled in below; using NT names (this is required) and reduction on the DEPARTMENT field:

SECTION ACCESS;

Star is *;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, DEPARTMENT

ADMIN, DOMAIN\QMC, *

ADMIN, DOMAIN\ME, *

USER, DOMAIN\USER1, CORPORATEFINANCE

USER, DOMAIN\USER1, NA

USER, DOMAIN\USER2, GLOBALMARKETS

USER, DOMAIN\USER2, NA

];

SECTION APPLICATION;

All of the values in the 'DEPARTMENT' field are in uppercase, and when I test this locally (commenting out the section access line and creating a listbox for NTNAME to select each user) then USER1 will only show 'CORPORATEFINANCE' and 'NA' records and USER2 will only show 'GLOBALMARKETS and 'NA' records, which is what I'm looking for. However, when I load the file through the Qlikview Management Console, and then ask USER1 to load the document on the web via Qlikview Access Point, that user can see all departments rather than just 'CORPORATEFINANCE' records, which is not what I'm looking for.

I've tried listing the field names that I want to match with no quotes, single quotes and double quotes but the section access reduction just doesn't seem to work through qlikview access point. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks

6 Replies
Colin-Albert

Have you selected "Initial Data Reduction based on Section Access" and "Strict Exclusion" in the Opening tab of the document properties?

Save a safe copy of the QVW first before applying these settings!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply - I have both of those options set. It just seems to be ignoring it completely. It's perfectly fine when I load the document locally and can see changes, for example, when I check and uncheck boxes on the security tab.

avinashelite

Hi Andrew,

can you please share the section application code and how your implementing the logic to reduce the data?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash - Perhaps I have missed something regarding reduction. After Section Application, I'm just loading the QVD files, which contains the "department" field. Is there something I should be adding in between section application and loading QVDs?

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

What happens if you replace NTNAME with USERID and add a PASSWORD field also? Say password 123 for every user. Do you get prompted in the access point?

Colin-Albert

Are the field names for department named in uppercase DEPARTMENT, also is the data in the field uppercase?