cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access

Dear All,

Hope all are doing good,

I am implimented the section access with the list users with the Excel file as a source and i have deployed into Server its working fine.it's not asking the any user credentials while accessing through online.

whenever i am taking the User list from sql server it is asking the user credentials.

I have implimented the  windows active directory.

Pls help me out on this issue

Thanks & Regards

Santhosh G

5 Replies
klausskalts
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

My advice to you is to load the Excel data into one QlikView file - without the SECTIONS ACCESS / SECTION APPLICATION commands.

After that load the SQL data into another QlikView file without the SECTIONS ACCESS / SECTION APPLICATION commands.

Then compare the NTNAME or NTDOMAINSID or what field you are using.

My best guess is that you the field is populated differently in the two files.

rgds

Klaus

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Santhosh,

Are all field names and values in your excel uppercase? Do you have some numeric values in the Excel that can be misinterpreted by QlikView and that they need to be formated with Text()?

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Klaus,

Intially i have taken the User Matrix List from the Excel now i am replacing the same schema and same data with the Database Table

in the Table i am having the Fields like ACCESS,USERID,SERIAL,NTNAME,AUTHEROISEDSTOREID,ISDEFAULT

I am using for Windows Authentication comparission NTNAME.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

i am taking the all  fields DataType are Varchar

klausskalts
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Compare the two data models to see in which ways they differ ........ see above

It'll save you a lot of time to get an ovwrview of your data before starting to guess whats wrong ....