Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muthukumarbalu
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section access filters current year data and History data missing

Hi Team,

In my QVW, we have section access script, Which filters data based on region wise. Out of 7 tabs, one tab holds an only current year value on the opening of a tab. During reload, It holds all the value.

Note:

If I uncheck "Initial data reduction based on section access" then it is showing all the values. Kindly advise to fixing the issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
muthukumarbalu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi All,

The issue has been fixed now.

Root cause:

Another data model which links to this tab has filtered the record based on section access.

Solution :

I have included Qualify/ UnQualify statement in load script to avoid unnecessary restrictions of data.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

This is not an issue, rather a feature. If you want the data reduction based on section access, you have to Check/tick  that option.

And regarding your tab wise display of yearly data, I could not really follow you. Try to explain more with example.

muthukumarbalu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

HI Tresesco B,

During full reload, List box holds historic year data as below screenshot 1.  After closing and reopening it, Just shows only current year (2018) data as below 2nd screenshot. I have checked all the macros written in QVW, there is no such selection in it.

screenshot 1:

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot 2:

Screenshot_2.jpg

@sunnytalwar

tresesco
MVP
MVP

During reload, you might be using an admin user and while re-opening a normal user. Could you share a sample app and the section access detail?

muthukumarbalu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Tresesco B,

Please fine the attachment

muthukumarbalu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi All,

The issue has been fixed now.

Root cause:

Another data model which links to this tab has filtered the record based on section access.

Solution :

I have included Qualify/ UnQualify statement in load script to avoid unnecessary restrictions of data.